Best Places To Eat Near UGA Campus
Best Restaurants & Food Near UGA Campus in Downtown Athens, Georgia
Are you hungry? Looking for great food near UGA campus? Are you a student living on UGA campus or somewhere near downtown Athens, Georgia? If so, you might be interested in knowing what the best best restaurants are and where the places to eat are located near the UGA campus. The University of Georgia had over 5,800 freshman students start in 2016. Since freshman are required to live on campus in dorms, this puts a huge population of students directly on the UGA campus who love to find great restaurants and places to eat near the UGA campus. And this is just the freshman class at UGA. Consider the number of UGA employees, undergrad and graduate students, and everyone else on the UGA campus that are looking for places to eat… it’s a lot!
Here’s just a few other quick facts about The University of Georgia before we dive into the best places to eat and the best restaurants around UGA campus: (via UGA profile facts)
- The University of Georgia is home of the 115,000-square-foot Richard B. Russell Building Special Collections Libraries, housing the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library; the Russell Library for Political Research and Studies; the Walter J. Brown Media Archives, and the Peabody Collection.
- The University of Georgia is home of the Peabody Awards, presented annually for excellence in television and radio news, entertainment and children’s programming.
- The University of Georgia is home of Georgia’s State Botanical Garden, State Museum of Art, and State Museum of Natural History.
- The University of Georgia is home of the Georgia Writers Hall of Fame.
- The University of Georgia has one of the largest and most comprehensive public service and outreach programs conducted by an American educational institution.
- The University of Georgia ranks 5th nationally by short-term duration of study abroad
Alright, now let’s get down to business and see where the best places to eat and best restaurants are in downtown Athens, Georgia near the UGA campus. We may even sprinkle in some of the restaurants that are located directly on the UGA campus.