Best Restaurants & Food Near UGA Campus in Downtown Athens, Georgia
Are you hungry? Looking for great food near UGA campus? Are you a student living on UGA campus or somewhere near downtown Athens, Georgia? If so, you might be interested in knowing what the best best restaurants are and where the places to eat are located near the UGA campus. The University of Georgia had over 5,800 freshman students start in 2016. Since freshman are required to live on campus in dorms, this puts a huge population of students directly on the UGA campus who love to find great restaurants and places to eat near the UGA campus. And this is just the freshman class at UGA. Consider the number of UGA employees, undergrad and graduate students, and everyone else on the UGA campus that are looking for places to eat… it’s a lot!
Here’s just a few other quick facts about The University of Georgia before we dive into the best places to eat and the best restaurants around UGA campus: (via UGA profile facts)
- The University of Georgia is home of the 115,000-square-foot Richard B. Russell Building Special Collections Libraries, housing the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library; the Russell Library for Political Research and Studies; the Walter J. Brown Media Archives, and the Peabody Collection.
- The University of Georgia is home of the Peabody Awards, presented annually for excellence in television and radio news, entertainment and children’s programming.
- The University of Georgia is home of Georgia’s State Botanical Garden, State Museum of Art, and State Museum of Natural History.
- The University of Georgia is home of the Georgia Writers Hall of Fame.
- The University of Georgia has one of the largest and most comprehensive public service and outreach programs conducted by an American educational institution.
- The University of Georgia ranks 5th nationally by short-term duration of study abroad
Alright, now let’s get down to business and see where the best places to eat and best restaurants are in downtown Athens, Georgia near the UGA campus. We may even sprinkle in some of the restaurants that are located directly on the UGA campus.
Best Places to Eat Near UGA Campus
229 E Broad St, Athens, GA 30608
Cool, brick-lined standby offering Southern comfort food, clever cocktails & craft beer on tap. read more
Great service, fair prices, outstanding food! Came here for brunch with some friends. I got the Eggs Benedict. It consisted of two biscuits, eggs in a sun-dried tomato type sauce over the biscuits, potatoes, and grits. Everything was superb! Everyone in our group loved their meals. Will definitely eat here again!
269 N Hull St, Athens, GA 30601
Laid-back gastropub known for its craft beer selection & cocktails, plus updated bar food classics. read more
Go for the fries ???? ????What a gem! ???? New favorite place!! Lovely environment with lots of character! It’s nice enough where you feel as though you can enjoy a nice dinner/meal yet casual enough to be comfortable. Delicious food and THE BEST FRIES EVER!!!!!