Top DUI Lawyers in Woodstock, Georgia. Woodstock, Georgia is in Cherokee County, northwest of Atlanta up I-75 to I-575 and was originally a stop on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. Woodstock is home to Bob The Turkey, a recycled-metal sculpture dedicated to Bob, the locally famous turkey. Another attraction in Woodstock is the Northside Hospital-Cherokee Amphitheater, featuring multiple grass terraces and a large main “lawn” to accommodate an audience of over 7,500 and known as North Georgia’s Newest Outdoor Music Venue. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Woodstock, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Woodstock, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Woodstock, Ga.
Have you ever had an unfortunate situation happen to you, like being arrested for a DUI in Woodstock, GA? Do you know your rights if you or someone you know has been arrested for a Drunk Driving Violation?
In Woodstock, Georgia there is a high probability that at least one person of the 30,929 residents, according to the Wikipedia 2016 information , have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. Regardless of who the arrest happened to a person will need to hire a capable and knowledgeable DUI Lawyer.
A defense lawyer in Woodstock Georgia or Cherokee County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers. These attorneys may have even probably teamed up as a way to help their client receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience dealing with all sorts of ways that someone can be charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Whether or not you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Top Rated DUI lawyers in Woodstock Georgia will work relentlessly in arguing your case. In either the Woodstock, GA Court Services or the Cherokee County Clerk of Superior Court, whichever location your defense attorney(s) deem you have the best chance at a reduced sentence or an altogether dismissal. One thing rings true, that DUI Attorneys or Criminal Defense Attorneys will always be busy with the number of DUI/DWI arrests that take place each year.
According to the arrest statistics from Statistic Brain, each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists face jail time, probation, or worse because of a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down that for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DUI Violation. Those numbers are a nationwide average. In the state of Georgia, annually only .26% of the population faces a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population of 9,815,210 as of 2015 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
Picture this scenario:
It is a beautiful sunny Saturday in Woodstock, Georgia. You and your family, who are visiting from South Carolina decide that today is a great day for some brunch, considering you just finished your first tax season event with the firm SBT Financial Services. You, your mom, dad and sister set out for some good food at the popular Freight Kitchen & Tap. The food is spectacular and the drinks are flowing. After a good three hours, you all decide to check out Olde Rope Mill Park . Seeing as it is just under 10 minutes away, you decide to drive. Besides, what is the worst that can happen in such a short amount of time? As you arrive at the park you accidentally make a left through a do not enter. Unfortunately for you a Law Enforcement Officer sees you do this and proceeds to pull you over. The smell of the earlier beverages is too much to cover and the officer determines you are intoxicated and arrests you for a DUI.
This is a very common scenario, albeit a little exaggerated.
Most DUIs occur just minutes from your destination. It’s actually a great thing that the officer stopped you when he/she did. Why? Well because as bad as a DUI is on your record, it is exponentially worse if in your bravado of driving even buzzed you hit someone and cause some form of a personal injury. If the former was to occur then you would be facing multiple DUI charges, possible jail time and a number of traffic tickets.
If this anecdote hit a cord with you or you know someone who this is currently happening too then you need to make sure you locate and contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Woodstock Georgia.
This site specifies the most prominent and top rated DUI Attorneys in Woodstock and the surrounding Cherokee County. All of these attorneys are licensed by the American Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of DUI laws because of the countless hours in the courtroom.
Which is the right Woodstock, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Woodstock Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney withDUI Cases not only in Woodstock but also in both Cherokee County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Cherokee County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Woodstock DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyerssuccess rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top DUI attorney in Woodstock, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defenselawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.