Waleska, GA DUI Lawyers
Top DUI Lawyers in Waleska, Georgia. Waleska, Georgia is a small town in Cherokee County, about 50 miles north of Atlanta off I-575 to GA-140. Funk Heritage Center is Georgia’s Official Frontier and Southeastern Indian Interpretive Center. Also in Waleska is Reinhardt University’s main campus. Founded in 1883 by Augustus M. Reinhardt, an Atlanta lawyer, former Confederate captain, and son of one of the founders of Waleska, along with his brother-in-law, former Civil War Lieutenant-Colonel John J. A. Sharp for the impoverished children of Cherokee County. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Waleska, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Waleska, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Waleska, Ga.
Have you ever had an unfortunate situation happen to you, like being arrested for a DUI in Waleska, GA? Do you know your rights if you or someone you know has been arrested for a Drunk Driving Violation?
In Waleska, Georgia there is a high probability that at least one person of the 879 residents, according to the Wikipedia 2016 information , have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. Regardless of who the arrest happened to a person will need to hire a capable and knowledgeable DUI Lawyer.
A defense lawyer in Waleska Georgia or Cherokee County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers. These attorneys may have even probably teamed up as a way to help their client receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience dealing with all sorts of ways that someone can be charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Whether or not you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Top Rated DUI lawyers in Waleska Georgia will work relentlessly in arguing your Waleska DUI case at the Cherokee County Clerk of Superior Court. One thing that rings true, that DUI Attorneys or Criminal Defense Attorneys will always be busy with the number of DUI/DWI arrests that take place each year.
According to the arrest statistics from Statistic Brain, each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists face jail time, probation, or worse because of a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down that for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DUI Violation. Those numbers are a nationwide average. In the state of Georgia, annually only .26% of the population faces a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population of 9,815,210 as of 2015 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
Which is the right Waleska, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Waleska Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney withDUI Cases not only in Waleska but also in both Cherokee County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Cherokee County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Waleska DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyerssuccess rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top DUI attorney in Waleska, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defense lawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.
Why retain a Waleska Georgia Criminal Defense Attorney after a conviction?
Your DUI/DWI don’t magically disappear after the judge and /or jury deliver the final verdict, that is unless your case was dismissed or the charges were dropped. After the final judgement, has been logged a person dealing with the DUI conviction has every right to appeal the verdict. With all the legal jargon or all the paperwork and steps needed to have your case heard by the court of appeals it is not only smart but also the right thing to do to have a top-rated DUI Austell lawyer on your side.
These expert attorneys will provide all the heavy lifting and guide you to the process and clear up any misinformation you may have been given.
DUI/DWI Appeal Process in Georgia
Chapter 375-5-2.33 of the suspension/revocation and appeal procedures states that after determining that a Tester or Examiner’s certification should be suspended, revoked, or cancelled the department will notify the individual by certified mail or return receipt requested. Such notice shall be deemed received seven days after mailing.
The notification will have a list of requirements that needs to be completed by a specific date in order for the appeal to be deemed valid:
- The individual will have 15 days to request a hearing from the date if notice received. Note: All requests must be hand written and delivered to the department within the specified period.
- If not such written document is received within the allotted time, then the individual waives his/her right to the appeal process. Also, the suspension, revocation, or cancellation will be effective after the last day of the 15-day period.
- If written notice is received within the 15 days, then the department will schedule a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. All procedures will follow Ga. Admin. Comp. Ch. 375-3-3-.04.
- The person waiting for his/her appeal to be heard may continue the driver’s license testing pending issuance of a final decision by the Administrative Law Judge.
Note: Driving Under the Influence convictions where your driver license was suspended and you are appealing the verdict brings on some hefty fines and the fines are contingent on the type of suspension.
- $150.00 for a DUI Suspension
- $150.00 for an implied consent suspension: When a person fails to submit to a DUI/DWI test by law enforcement.
- $250.00 for a limited permit revocation: This is what many call a hardship license where it allows those who have a suspension to drive on a limited basis to places like a job, your school (if enrolled) and places that you need to get to base on job tasks.