Sandy Springs, GA DUI Lawyers
Top DUI Lawyers in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Sandy Springs, Georgia is in northern Fulton County and has major roads and highways running through, including US-19, SR-9 and I-285. Sandy Springs has plenty of things to do outside, including the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area Island Ford, Morgan Falls Overlook Park and the River Run Petting Zoo. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Sandy Springs, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Sandy Springs, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Sandy Springs, Ga.
Have you ever had an unfortunate situation happen to you, for example being arrested for a DUI in Sandy Springs, GA? Do you know your rights if you or someone you know has been arrested for a Drunk Driving Violation?
In Sandy Springs, Georgia there is a high probability that at least one person of just under the 106 thousand residents, according to the Wikipedia 2016 information, have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. Regardless of who the arrest happened to, a person will need to hire a capable and knowledgeable DUI Lawyer.
A defense lawyer in Sandy Springs Georgia or Fulton County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers. These attorneys may have even probably teamed up as a way to help their client receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience dealing with all the sorts of ways that someone can be charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Whether you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Top Rated DUI lawyers in Sandy Springs, Georgia will go work relentlessly in arguing your case. They will either argue your case at the Sandy Springs, GA Court Services or the Fulton County Clerk of Superior Court, whichever location your criminal defense attorneys deem you have the best chance at a reduced sentence or an altogether dismissal. One thing that rings true, is the number of cases these attorneys have to contend with on a yearly basis.
According to the arrest statistics from Statistic Brain each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists face jail time, probation, or worse because of a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down that for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DUI Violation. Those numbers are a nationwide average. In the state of Georgia, annually only .26% of the population faces a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population of 9,815,210 as of 2015 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
Picture this scenario:
It is a beautiful sunny Saturday in Sandy Springs, Georgia. You and your roommates decide that today is a great day for some brunch, considering you all just finished your spring semester at the Art Institute of Atlanta. The four of you are in the mood for some good cuisine and set out to Egg Harbor Cafe . The food is spectacular and the drinks are flowing. After a good three hours, you all get the itch to capture some breath-taking photos at Big Trees Forest Preserve Inc . Seeing as it is just 10 minutes away you decide to drive. Besides, what is the worst that can happen in such a short amount of time? As you arrive at the park you accidentally make a left through a do not enter. Unfortunately for you a Law Enforcement Officer sees you and proceeds to pull you over. The smell of the earlier beverages is too much to cover and the officer determines you are intoxicated and arrests you for a DUI.
This is a very common scenario, albeit a little exaggerated.
Most DUIs occur just minutes from your destination. It’s actually a great thing that the officer stopped you when he/she did. Why? Well because as bad as a DUI is on your record, it is exponentially worse if in your bravado of driving even buzzed you hit someone and cause some form of a personal injury. If the former was to occur then you would be facing multiple DUI charges, possible jail time and a number of traffic tickets.
If this anecdote hit a cord with you or you know someone who this is currently happening too then you need to make sure you locate and contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Sandy Springs Georgia. This website specifies the most prominent and top rated DUI Attorneys in Sandy Springs and DeKalb County. All of these attorneys are licensed by the American Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of DUI laws due to their countless hours in the courtroom.
Which is the right Sandy Springs, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Sandy Springs Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with DUI Cases not only in Sandy Springs but also in both Fulton County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Fulton County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Sandy Springs DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top DUI attorney in Sandy Springs, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defense lawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.