Roswell, GA DUI Lawyers
DUI Lawyers Roswell GA: Comparing Law Firms Near Me
Being arrested for driving under the influence can be a life-changing event. Hardly anyone knows his or her legal rights before being arrested for a drunk driving violation. This article is written to assist a citizen arrested in the City of Roswell, and having a court date in the Roswell Municipal Court make the best hiring decision for his or her DUI lawyer Roswell GA.
In Roswell, Georgia there is a high probability that at least one person of its 93,968 residents, have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. Regardless of who the DUI arrest happened to, a person will need to hire a capable and knowledgeable DUI Lawyer.
A criminal defense lawyer in Roswell Georgia or Fulton County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers. It is not uncommon for these attorneys to team up to help their client receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience dealing with all the sorts of ways that someone can be charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated).
Whether you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Best DUI lawyers in Roswell, Georgia will work relentlessly in arguing your case. They will either argue your case at the Municipal Court of Roswell GA, or (if jury trial is requested) at the Fulton County Clerk of State Court in downtown Atlanta, whichever location your criminal defense attorney deems you have the best chance at a reduced sentence or a DUI dismissal. One thing that rings true, is the number of cases these DUI attorneys in Georgia must contend with on a yearly basis.
According to the arrest statistics from StatisticBrain.com each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists face jail time, probation, or worse because of a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down that for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DWI-DUI violation. Those numbers are a nationwide average. In the state of Georgia, annually only .26% of the population faces a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population of 10,554,138 as of 2017 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
With ride sharing applications like Uber and, how is it that some drivers continue to find themselves fighting a DUI Conviction? The simple answer is that drinking drivers simply THINK they will not be CAUGHT.
Picture this scenario:
It is a nice night in November in Roswell, Georgia. You and your roommates are all about the upcoming Roswell Ghost Tour that you booked months ago. Tour starts at 8pm so the four of you decide to pre-drink before the event. After all nothing is better than having a buzz while ghost hunting.
After a few hours of some heavy drinks including shots you all decide it is time to go since you have 20 minutes before eight. The drive is just 15 minutes away from your Alpharetta home. You know you shouldn’t get behind the wheel since you’ve done some extensive drinking.
However, you convince yourself that since it’s such a short drive, then what is the worst that can happen in such a short amount of time? As you arrive at the event you accidentally make a wrong turn, or cross over the white lane lines, and a Roswell GA police officer turns on the blue lights.
It’s obvious to the law enforcement officer that you are in no condition to drive especially with the smell of alcohol or marijuana emanating from the car. The Roswell officer determines wastes no time determining that you are intoxicated and arrests you for a DUI in Roswell.
Most DUIs occur just minutes from your destination, which is typically trying to get HOME. As bad as facing a DUI can seem, at least no serious accident has put you in the possible position of facing a felony DUI due to serious injury by vehicle or vehicular homicide GA.
The bad news about drunken driving is that DUI charges carry possible jail time, plus numerous penalties (e.g., mandatory probation) and DUI classes, and a LIFETIME CRIMINAL RECORD, since the State of Georgia does not allow expunction of any DUI, including a first offense DUI. Any 2nd DUI in GA or subsequent driving while impaired convictions drastically increase DUI penalties in Georgia (e.g., 240 hours of community service vs 40 hours for first time DUI), and a 4th DUI within 10 years is a DUI felony.
If this anecdote hit a painful chord with you or you know someone currently facing a Roswell DUI, then you need to make sure you locate and contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Roswell Georgia. Don’t just let Google search for DUI attorneys near me and use that untargeted search query to decide whom to hire. You want a FIGHTER, and nor a PLEADER.
This page specifies the most prominent and top-rated DUI Attorneys in Roswell and Fulton County, Georgia. All these attorneys in Georgia are licensed by the Georgia Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of Georgia DUI laws, after years of success and spending thousands of hours in Georgia courtrooms fighting intoxicated driving charges.
The numerous law offices or law firms spread throughout the city will sit with you and work with you on your best course of action. Yes, DUI attorneys are costly, much like a surgeon performing delicate surgery for you. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the case, you may have contested pretrial motions and trial.
However, many Roswell legal professionals with excellent attorney ratings offer a free lawyer consultation in order to allow you to “shop around”. But keep in mind that time is important, and you are encouraged to search for and hire a criminal justice attorney from a law firm known for aggressive DUI defense. Accomplishing this within the first 24 hours after being released from jail is ideal, since that criminal lawyer may be able to make things go more smoothly for you at the Roswell GA traffic court.
Which is the right Roswell, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
Several factors must be weighed and considered by an individual facing a potential DUI-DWI conviction. In comparing lawyers for DUI defense, consider these attributes for your Roswell DUI attorney:
- How familiar is the attorney with defending DUI Cases in Roswell, as well as in both Fulton County State Court (the jury trial to which the Roswell DUI can be transferred) and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI vs DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Experience means that the attorney has successfully handled at least 1000 Georgia DUI cases for previous clients.
- The DUI attorney need not be strictly devoted to driving under the influence DUI alcohol cases and driving while impaired DUI-drugs cases. However, the bulk of ALL the attorney’s caseload should involve criminal law. Or It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a defense lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice: Criminal Defense.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Fulton County Solicitor-General and his assistant Solicitors, but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most is the fees associated with Roswell DUI Lawyers, and whether monthly payment plans are available. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm, but the best lawyers near me will be more costly, due to supply and demand. A higher legal fee is directly related to the success rate of the criminal justice lawyer in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped. Plus, he or she should have a 90% or higher success rate for having the client’s driving privileges either reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period, with limited driving privileges for work. These factors are important to consider, even if money is an issue.
- Special or exclusive legal industry GA DUI law practice recognitions must be considered, too. Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America or ABA board certification are the gold standards for law practice. Legal book authorship is also a high honor, if done for a national publication.
Top DUI Lawyers in Roswell, Georgia. Roswell, Georgia is in north Fulton County and in 2018 was Georgia’s seventh largest city. Its southern neighboring city, Sandy Springs, GA has moved into 6th position, due to explosive growth in the last 5 years.
The historic Archibald Smith Plantation Home is in Roswell, which was built by one of Roswell’s founders in 1845. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Roswell, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top-rated DUI lawyer in Roswell, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
Top DUI Lawyers in Roswell, Georgia. Roswell, Georgia is in north Fulton County and in 2014 was Georgia’s seventh largest city. The historic Archibald Smith Plantation Home is in Roswell, which was built by one of Roswell’s founders in 1845. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Roswell, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Roswell, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.