Top DUI Lawyers in Marietta, Georgia. Marietta, Georgia is nestled in the I-75 corridor between Cumberland and Town Center and is home to Six Flags White Water, no doubt, you have probably been there. Make sure you check out the Marietta Museum of Art which is located in Marietta Square. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Marietta, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Marietta, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Marietta, GA.
Have you or someone you know ever been arrested for a DUI/DWI in Marietta, Georgia?
Every year according to StatisticBrain.com, about over a million and a half people find themselves either arrested, convicted or both for some incident involving driving under the influence or driving while impaired in Marietta, GA. This actually works out to one arrests per every 80 drivers.
People who find themselves in this type of situation are strongly urged to contact some legal representation and consult an experienced Top DUI lawyer in Marietta Georgia.
Georgia lawmakers have campaigned the state of GA into classifying driving under the influence as a criminal offense. In addition, you can be arrested for a DUI if a law enforcement officer suspects you being “Under the Influence.” If that occurs in Marietta Georgia or any city in the state, you are deemed in violation of DUI Laws. The proof of such violation will rely heavily on the Georgia District Attorney who will have to argue and convince the judge or jury that you were driving a vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs or a combination of the two and therefore you were unable to safely drive your motor vehicle.
If this happens to you it is imperative that you seek a law firm with the expertise in handling DUI Charges. Especially considering that in an “Under the Influence” criminal case a guilty verdict could still be determined, despite your blood Alcohol Content (BAC) registering less than .08. That number is determined through a breathalyzer, urine or blood test. Furthermore, an officer can even deem you impaired based on a field sobriety test. Your qualified DUI Defense Attorneys will do their best to ensure you avoid the worst-case scenario by arguing for either a dismissal or having the state plea you down to a lesser charge.
Usually most law offices in Marietta present their client’s dui cases at the Municipal Court of Marietta where they might have familiarized themselves with the prosecutors and judges. However, your trial lawyers may ask to have your dui criminal case be heard at another location such as the Cobb County State Court. This action is taken if the defense attorneys feel their client has a better probability of the receiving a better outcome.
Where to find, lawyers serving in Marietta, Georgia?
With a population of just under 57,000 residents, according to the 2010 census bureau, this city in Metro Atlanta houses the near leafy Marietta Square. Back in 1845 it was a cotton warehouse that today houses the Marietta Museum of History. The 23.2 sq. mile city is also home to a number of Top ranking DUI Defense Lawyers who work diligently with their clients in an effort to get them the best possible decision.
Which is the right Marietta, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Marietta Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with driving under the influence laws not only in Marietta but in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Cobb County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Marietta DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top dui attorney in Marietta, GA.
Something to consider:
A vast array of law offices offer a free consultation where they will review your case and give you some options before committing to any attorney. First always do some research and if you are somewhat strapped for cash google free consultation attorneys or visit websites like Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Marietta, GA or
Why retain a Marietta Georgia Criminal Defense Attorney after a conviction?
Your DUI/DWI don’t magically disappear after the judge and /or jury deliver the final verdict, that is unless your case was dismissed or the charges were dropped. After the final judgement, has been logged a person dealing with the DUI conviction has every right to appeal the verdict. With all the legal jargon or all the paperwork and steps needed to have your case heard by the court of appeals it is not only smart but also the right thing to do to have a top-rated DUI Austell lawyer on your side.
These expert attorneys will provide all the heavy lifting and guide you to the process and clear up any misinformation you may have been given.
DUI/DWI Appeal Process in Georgia
Chapter 375-5-2.33 of the suspension/revocation and appeal procedures states that after determining that a Tester or Examiner’s certification should be suspended, revoked, or cancelled the department will notify the individual by certified mail or return receipt requested. Such notice shall be deemed received seven days after mailing.
The notification will have a list of requirements that needs to be completed by a specific date in order for the appeal to be deemed valid:
- The individual will have 15 days to request a hearing from the date if notice received. Note: All requests must be hand written and delivered to the department within the specified period.
- If not such written document is received within the allotted time, then the individual waives his/her right to the appeal process. Also, the suspension, revocation, or cancellation will be effective after the last day of the 15-day period.
- If written notice is received within the 15 days, then the department will schedule a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. All procedures will follow Ga. Admin. Comp. Ch. 375-3-3-.04.
- The person waiting for his/her appeal to be heard may continue the driver’s license testing pending issuance of a final decision by the Administrative Law Judge.
Note: Driving Under the Influence convictions where your driver license was suspended and you are appealing the verdict brings on some hefty fines and the fines are contingent on the type of suspension.
- $150.00 for a DUI Suspension
- $150.00 for an implied consent suspension: When a person fails to submit to a DUI/DWI test by law enforcement.
- $250.00 for a limited permit revocation: This is what many call a hardship license where it allows those who have a suspension to drive on a limited basis to places like a job, your school (if enrolled) and places that you need to get to base on job tasks.