Johns Creek, GA DUI Lawyers
Top DUI Lawyers in Johns Creek, Georgia. Johns Creek, Georgia is a northeastern suburb of Atlanta and home to Autrey Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center which provides a venue where visitors can learn about the past as well as appreciate nature. Also located in Johns Creek is Ocee Park where many youth soccer and baseball games are played. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Johns Creek, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Johns Creek, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Johns Creek, Ga.
Have you ever had an unfortunate situation happen to you, for example being arrested for DUI in Johns Creek, GA? Do you know your rights if you or someone you know has been arrested for a Drunk Driving Violation?
In Johns Creek, Georgia there is a high probability that the at least one person of the over 83 thousand residents, according to the Wikipedia 2016 information, have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. Regardless of who the arrest happened to a person will need to hire a capable and knowledgeable DUI Lawyer.
A defense lawyer in Johns Creek Georgia or Fulton County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers. These attorneys may have even probably teamed up as a way to help their client receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience dealing with all the sorts of ways that someone can be charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Whether you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Top Rated DUI lawyers in Johns Creek Georgia will work relentlessly in arguing your case. They will either argue your case at the Johns Creek, GA Court Services or the Fulton County Clerk of Superior Court, whichever location your criminal defense attorneys deem you have the best chance at a reduced sentence or an altogether dismissal. One thing that rings true is the number of cases these attorneys have to contend with on a yearly basis.
According to the arrest statistics from StatisticBrain.com each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists face jail time, probation, or worse because of a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down that for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DUI Violation. Those numbers are a nationwide average. In the state of Georgia, annually only .26% of the population faces a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population of 9,815,210 as of 2015 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
Picture this scenario:
It is a beautiful sunny Saturday in Johns Creek, Georgia. You and your college roommates decide that today is a great day for some day drinking, considering you all just finished your college midterms and need a relaxed day. The four decide to visit the ever popular and friendly Bliss Bar and Lounge . The food is spectacular and the drinks are flowing. After a good three hours, you all decide you need some home goods and agree to head to Ikea. Two friends suggest that they should hail a cab or an Uber to get there because of the all the alcoholic beverages they’ve consumed. The driver (you) argues that the store is less than 40 minutes away and that she’s good to drive. As you arrive at Ikea you accidentally make a left through a do not enter. Unfortunately for you a Law Enforcement Officer sees you and proceeds to pull you over. The smell of the earlier beverages is too much to cover and the officer determines you are intoxicated and arrests you for a DUI.
That’s a very common scenario even though it can come off somewhat exaggerated.
Most DUIs occur just minutes from your destination. It’s actually a great thing that the officer stopped you when he/she did because as bad as a DUI is on your record, it is exponentially worse if in your bravado of driving even buzzed you hit someone and cause some form of a personal injury.
If this anecdote hit a cord with you or you know someone who this is currently happening too then you need to make sure you locate and contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Johns Creek Georgia.
This site specifies the most prominent and top rated DUI Attorneys in Johns Creek and Fulton County. All of these attorneys are licensed by the American Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of DUI laws because of the countless hours in the courtroom.
The numerous law offices or law firms spread throughout the city will sit with you and work with you on your best course of action. Yes, DUI attorneys charge a hefty price, about an average of $2,500 -depending on the circumstances surrounding the case. However, many offer a free consultation in order to allow you to shop around. But time is of the essence and you are encouraged to search for and hire a DUI Law office or Trial Lawyer in the first 24 hours after being released from jail.
Which is the right Johns Creek, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Johns Creek Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with DUI Cases not only in Johns Creek but also in both Fulton County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Fulton County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Johns Creek DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top dui attorney in Johns Creek, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defense lawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.