DUI Lawyers in Holly Springs, Ga.
Every year according to Statistic Brain.com, about over a million and a half people find themselves either arrested, convicted or both for some incident involving driving under the influence or driving while impaired in Holly Springs, GA. This actually works out to one arrest per every 80 drivers.
People who find themselves in this type of situation are strongly urged to contact some legal representation and consult an experienced Top DUI lawyer in Holly Springs Georgia.
For quite some time Georgia lawmakers, have made it their mission to have the state categorize drinking and driving as a criminal offense. Due to this movement, a vast number of Holly Springs DUI Attorneys have had to use their extensive knowledge to fight their client’s DUI cases at the Municipal Court of Holly Springs, GA. They work tirelessly to have their client’s dui charges dismissed, dropped or reduced. They also work on any other legal issues that their clients may be facing, such as a possible personal injury. In cases, such as these an individual will definitely need to seek out the advice of a Holly Springs criminal defense attorney. These lawyers will assess the situation and either argue the case in Holly Springs or request a motion for the DUI case to be heard at the Cherokee County State Court.
Which is the right Holly Springs, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Holly Springs Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with driving under the influence laws not only in Holly Springs but in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the Cherokee County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Holly Springs DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top dui attorney in Holly Springs, GA.
Something to consider:
A vast array of law offices offer a free consultation where thy will review your case and give you some options before committing to any attorney. First always do some research and if you are somewhat strapped for cash google free consultation attorneys or visit websites like Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Holly Springs, GA , or FindDUIAttorney.com
Why retain a Holly Springs Georgia Criminal Defense Attorney after a conviction?
Your DUI/DWI don’t magically disappear after the judge and /or jury deliver the final verdict, that is unless your case was dismissed or the charges were dropped. After the final judgement, has been logged a person dealing with the DUI conviction has every right to appeal the verdict. With all the legal jargon or all the paperwork and steps needed to have your case heard by the court of appeals it is not only smart but also the right thing to do to have a top-rated DUI Holly Springs lawyer on your side.
These expert attorneys will provide all the heavy lifting and guide you to the process and clear up any misinformation you may have been given.
DUI/DWI Appeal Process in Georgia
Chapter 375-5-2.33 of the suspension/revocation and appeal procedures states that after determining that a Tester or Examiner’s certification should be suspended, revoked, or cancelled the department will notify the individual by certified mail or return receipt requested. Such notice shall be deemed received seven days after mailing.
The notification will have a list of requirements that needs to be completed by a specific date in order for the appeal to be deemed valid:
- The individual will have 15 days to request a hearing from the date if notice received. Note: All requests must be hand written and delivered to the department within the specified period.
- If not such written document is received within the allotted time, then the individual waives his/her right to the appeal process. Also, the suspension, revocation, or cancellation will be effective after the last day of the 15-day period.
- If written notice is received within the 15 days, then the department will schedule a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. All procedures will follow Ga. Admin. Comp. Ch. 375-3-3-.04.
- The person waiting for his/her appeal to be heard may continue the driver’s license testing pending issuance of a final decision by the Administrative Law Judge.