Decatur, GA DUI Lawyers
Top DUI Lawyers in Decatur, Georgia. Decatur is a city in Georgia, northeast of Atlanta. In the Old Courthouse, the DeKalb History Center’s museum traces local history through furniture and Civil War artifacts. Outside is a sculpture of Thomas Jefferson. Woodlands Garden offers tree-lined trails and native plants. To the northwest, Emory University’s Michael C. Carlos Museum houses ancient art and artifacts from Egypt, Greece, Rome and Asia. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Decatur, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Decatur, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Decatur, Ga.
Have you ever had an unfortunate situation happen to you, for example being arrested for DUI in Decatur, GA? If you or someone you know has had criminal charges filed against them do you or they know their rights?
In Decatur, Georgia there is a high probability that the at least one person of the 19,335 residents, according to the 2010 Census, have either themselves contended with a drunk driving charge or know of someone that’s been down that road. A defense lawyer in Decatur Georgia or the neighboring Cobb County more than likely has had several encounters with other trial lawyers and may have probably teamed up as a way to receive a better outcome. These DUI Lawyers have extensive experience in dealing in all ways someone is charged with a DUI or a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Whether or not you are guilty or innocent of the crime these Top Rated DUI lawyers in Decatur Georgia will go work relentlessly in arguing your case in either the Decatur, GA Municipal Court or the Dekalb County Clerk of Superior Court, whichever location your defense attorney(s) deem you have the best chance at a reduced sentence or an altogether dismissal. One thing rings true, that DUI Attorneys or Criminal Defense Attorney will always be busy with the number of DUI/DWI arrests that take place each year.
According to the arrest statistics from Statistic Brain.com each year an estimated 1.5 million motorists are face jail time, probation, or worse because off a drunk driving arrest. That comes out to 1,250 arrests per one hundred thousand. You can easily break it down to for every 80 drivers you know at least one has some sort of DUI Violation. That is a nation-wide average in the state of Georgia only .26% of the population face a DUI Charge. That stat takes into account Georgia’s total population if 9.815, 210 as of 2015 (That number is not reflected of total number of GA drivers.)
Picture this scenario:
It is a beautiful sunny Saturday in Decatur. You and your college roommates decide that today is a great day for some brunch, considering you just finished your college midterms at Georgia State University and need a relaxed day with friends. The four of you are in the mood for some Asian cuisine and set out to MAKAN Restaurant & Bar. The food is spectacular and the drinks are flowing. After a good three hours you all decide you need some home goods and agree to head to Ikea. Two friends suggest that they should hail a cab or an Uber to get there because of the all the alcoholic beverages they’ve consumed. The driver argues that the store is less than 30 minutes away and that she’s good to drive. As you arrive at Ikea you accidentally made a left into a do not enter. Unfortunately for you a Law Enforcement Officer sees you do this and proceeds to pull you over. The smell of the earlier beverages is too much to cover and the officer determines you are intoxicated and arrests you for a DUI. That’s how common this scenario is. Most DUIs occur just minutes from your destination. It’s actually a great thing that the officer stopped you when he/she did because as bad as a DUI is on your record, it is exponentially worse if in your bravado of driving even buzzed you hit someone and cause some form of a personal injury.
A person who loses this bout with chance faces one or multiple DUI charges, possible jail time and a number of traffic tickets. And those are the lucky ones. Those scenarios play put safely where no one was hurt, or car crashes occurred. Though sometimes a number of people who choose to drive home drunk cause damages ranging from mild to catastrophic.
If this anecdote hit a cord with you or you know someone who this is currently happening too then you need to make sure you locate and contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Decatur Georgia.
This site specifies the most prominent and top rated DUI Attorneys in Decatur and the surrounding
DeKalb County. All of these attorneys are licensed by the American Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of DUI laws because of the countless hours in the courtroom.
The numerous law offices or law firms spread throughout the city will sit with you and work with you on your best course of action. Yes, DUI attorneys charge a hefty price, about an average of $2,500 -depending on the circumstances surrounding the case. However, many offer a free consultation in order for you to shop around. But time is important and you are encouraged to search for and hire a DUI Law office or Trial Lawyer in the first 24 hours after being released from jail.
Which is the right Decatur, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Decatur Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with DUI Cases not only in Decatur but also in both DeKalb County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice
might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the DeKalb County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Decatur DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top dui attorney in Decatur, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defense lawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.
Another number of searchable links: