Clarkston, GA DUI Lawyers
Top DUI Lawyers in Clarkston, Georgia. Clarkston, Georgia is a city in DeKalb County with an estimated population of about 8,000. Clarkston is home to a campus of Georgia State Universities Perimeter College and also Friendship Park, just off E Ponce de Leon Ave. Below is a list of Top DUI lawyers in Clarkston, Ga. If you find yourself in need of a top rated DUI lawyer in Clarkston, we recommend reaching out to one of the attorneys below.
DUI Lawyers in Clarkston, Ga.
Arrested in Clarkston, Ga for a DUI? Do you know your rights?
Whether you are guilty or not every resident in Clarkston, Georgia and DeKalb County should be aware of their rights during any arrest especially a driving under the influence one. A DUI or DWI (Driving While Impaired) charge poses a unique arrest where a number of stipulations might have to be met such as the person’s BAC (Blood Alcohol Level) must be at a legal limit and a Field Sobriety Tests must be met in order for the charges to stick.
In the state of Georgia and across the U.S.A the legal limit for Driving Under the Influence is set at .08% Blood Alcohol Concentration. Meaning a driver can be arrested and convicted of a DUI or DWI if they are at the .08 percent legal limit or higher. However commercial drivers BAC cannot read at or higher than .04%. Additionally, anyone under the age of 21 who registered even the smallest trace of alcohol or a controlled substance will be automatically arrested for a DUI. For these reasons the residents of Clarkston Georgia and 50 states should make it their mission to educate themselves on DUI Laws before receiving a Clarkston DUI. By not knowing all your options a charged driver run the chance of crushing their defense options during a DUI Trial.
At any one time in our lives a lot of us have played the “chance game,” after a night of drinking. We have all thought to ourselves, “Hey I feel good, I am not that drunk, just a little buzzed. Surely I can drive home and take a chance a police officer doesn’t see me.” Possibly many times you made it home without incident. The following day you talk with your friends or family and laughingly recount the entire night out and how you drove home perfectly fine after putting away a number of alcoholic drinks. Actually, this scenario may have taken place several times during the course of a one, two, or three years, just to name a few. In reality you maybe that rare exception to the rule when it comes to drinking and driving.
But the reality is that not so many people are that lucky- if you want to call it that. Most people who play the “Chance Game” lose.
A person who loses this bout with chance faces a DUI charge, possible jail time and a number of traffic tickets. And those are the lucky ones. Those scenarios play put safely where no one was hurt, or car crashes occurred. Though sometimes a number of people who choose to drive home drunk cause damages ranging from mild to catastrophic.
Imagine it’s Friday afternoon and you and your co-workers meet for Happy Hour just blocks away from your office. Good times are had; stories are told and countless drinks are poured. After about 3-4 hours you each bid adieu and head your separate ways. Just before shaking a final hand, one of your co-workers asked you if you need a ride because you seem to impaired to drive. Do you take them up on the offer? Call for a ride sharing service like Uber or Lyft ? No, you convince yourself and them that you are sober and head out the door. Several nights you make it home, but not on this night. On the road, your eyes have trouble focusing and the blurred vision makes it hard to see the sudden green light turn red as the honking of horns fail in penetrating your ear drums. Just then you wake up inside a smoking mangled vehicle with red and blue sirens emanating in the background. You just caused a motor vehicle accident. The good thing you are unharmed but the other driver sustained a significant personal injury and is being transported to the nearest hospital.
Does this sound familiar? Has this happened to you and or people that you know? In the USA, according to Statistic Brain.com each year around 1,500,000 drivers are dealing with either a DUI or DWI arrest. That means 1 in 80 drivers are taken in custody because of a DUI Law violation.
In Clarkston GA, the 7,554 residents, based on data collected from the 2010 Census, are probably able to share this and similar stories about themselves or others who decided to get behind the wheel after a night or even day of drinking in places like the popular Brockett Pub House & Grill, where the casual atmosphere, great food and numerous televisions make for a fun night. But no one would ever want to trade those fond memories with visits to the DeKalb County and then have numerous visits to either the Clarkston, GA Municipal Court or the Dekalb County Clerk of Superior Court, whichever place your defense attorneys want to try the DUI Case.
If this all too common unfortunate scenario does happen to you, you are urged to contact a Top Rated DUI lawyer in Clarkston Georgia. Many law offices will provide free consultation that will provide the sound advice needed during some of you most trying times. Sometime a sound DUI lawyer is all you need but in cases involving personal injuries or even death an attorney with 20 years of experience is always a great option. The lawyers have represented clients in numerous cases including probate litigation and estate planning, just to cite two examples.
What happens when I’m arrested for a DUI/DWI?
Besides the obvious of being taken to the county jail the person arrested needs to have a relative or
friend post bail with their own funds so they can be released. If that is not an option or money is hard to come by then many family members seek a 24-hour bail bondsman to assist in posting bail.
After being released from jail the adventure of hiring the right law firm to represent you begins. Many people sit in front of their desktop, laptops, MacBook’s, tablets, or mobile devices for hours Googling where to find the most qualified DUI/DWI attorneys in Clarkston, Georgia. They search domains such as:cornell.edu and lawinfo.com.
Many people have found success in websites that offer the top 3-5 lawyers in the city simply because they clicked on: Top Rated DUI lawyer in Clarkston Georgia.
This site specifies the most prominent and top rated DUI Attorneys in Clarkston and the surrounding
DeKalb County. All of these attorneys are licensed by the American Bar Association and have extensive knowledge of DUI laws because of the countless hours in the courtroom.
Whichever criminal defense lawyer you choose they will work hard to develop the best possible
game plan that keeps you from serving any jail time and reduces any fines incurred because of the DUI/DWI arrest. A first-time DUI criminal case involving just yourself is one of the better cases to ensure minimal fines and convictions. However, when the case involves a vehicular homicide,
then many people seek out DUI Trial attorneys who have the right experience in dealing with jury trials.
Which is the right Clarkston, GA DUI Defense Attorney to hire?
There are a number of factors an individual facing a DUI/DWI conviction should consider when hiring a top Clarkston Georgia Lawyer.
- How familiar is the attorney with DUI Cases not only in Clarkston but also in both DeKalb County and in the state of Georgia?
- How many years of experience does this Lawyer have in dealing with DUI and criminal law proceedings? Note: If your potential attorney has less than five years then take into consideration the number of DUI/DWI cases he/she has been involved in. Just because they don’t have a decade of experience doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped to handle you case.
- Is this attorney strictly devoted in driving under the influence or driving while impaired cases? Or does he/she also tackle other cases like divorce, criminal defense cases etc.…. It may not be a bad thing to hire a lawyer with a vast array of practices under their belt, but keep in mind that sometimes working with a lawyer who is dedicated to one specific practice
might be the most beneficial for you.
- Relationship with the prosecution. Not all lawyers have a great rapport with the DeKalb County District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney but it is always ideal to hire a DUI attorney that has a great relationship with the prosecutor.
- A common deciding factor for most are the fees associated with Clarkston DUI Lawyers. Attorney fees vary from firm to firm. One thing to think about is the DUI Lawyers success rate in having DUI/DWI charges dismissed or dropped and your driving privileges whether reinstated immediately or getting a minimal suspension period. This is one important thing to consider if money is an issue. Depending on your financial situation, you can also opt have a public defender appointed to your case. Public defenders can help get you the outcome you wanted but with the number of heavy caseloads he/she manages it is wise to hire a top dui attorney in Clarkston, GA.
- High-end looking offices: Don’t let some expensive looking real estate office scare you away and at the same time a moderate or lesser office shouldn’t deter you either. Always give any DUI Defense lawyer a chance to sit with you and advise you on your best possible routes.